The Disability:IN Hawaii business group promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace to give people with disabilities the same possibilities to be productive and an integrated part of successful team approach in the workplace.
The Honolulu Chapter meets on the second Tuesday of each month.
Contact the Honolulu Chapter meeting coordinator:
Hawaiian Islands Manager, Employment Services
PRIDE Industries 1003 Bishop Street
Pauahi Tower, Floor 27, Suite 2700
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813-6475
E: [email protected]
P: (808) 518-9304
F: (866) 324-4042
Chapter members and newcomers please take a minute to complete a registration form:
- Kahoot is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play learning games or trivia quizzes.
Local Employment Programs
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation – Employer Benefits Brochure (PDF)
- Best Buddies International – Hawaii
- Lanakila Pacific Job Hunters Virtual Networking – Job Hunters Virtual Networking Flyer (PDF)
- Workforce Hawaii Youth Program – Workforce Youth Program Flyer (PDF)
- Hoopono Services for the Blind – Hoopono Program Flyer (PDF)
- Hawaii Clubhouse System – Hawaii Clubhouse Directory 2021 (PDF).
- Enterprise Zones allow qualifying business in Enterprise Zone areas to receive tax exemptions – Enterprise Zones Brochure (PDF).
- Job Accommodation Network
- Office of Disability Employment Policy Universal Design Resources
- The Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) is a free resource that helps employers tap the benefits of disability diversity by educating public- and private-sector organizations on ways to build inclusive workplace cultures.
- The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
- Partnership on Employment and Accessible Technology
- The Campaign for Disability Employment
- Emergency Preparedness Planning Tips
- The new equality frontier for corporate America: Persons with disabilities
- Disability not a barrier: At a time of low unemployment, employers tap a new talent pool
- Disability Sensitivity Training Video
- South Dakota Retailers
- Guy builds a BBQ grill
- Hey let’s open a bakery
- Couple who is deaf opens a Pizzeria
- Best Buy Diversity and Inclusion
- Work Now and Work Often, 3 videos
- Pitcher who throws a No hitter
- How Accommodation Tip Jan 2020: How to Escort an Individual Who is who is Blind
- “One Little Finger” promotes awareness about disability, human rights, inclusion, diversity
- Accommodation Tip Feb 2020: Accommodating an individual with an Anxiety and Stuttering disorder
- Accommodation Tip Mar 2020: Advancing an Individual Who is Deaf
- Accommodation Tip April 2020: Hiring People with Autism
- Accommodation Tip June 2020: PTSD Awareness
- Accommodation Tip July 2020: Web Accessibility
- Accommodation Tip Aug 2020: Managing the performance of an employee with a non-apparent disability
- Awareness Tip Sept 2020 – Role of the Job Coach
- Little Person Answers Most Googled Questions About Dwarfism